Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic there are additional infection control protocols in place which mean we are limited on the types of gifts we are able to accept. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
We’re always grateful for generous offers of gifts in kind for our units, however we are not always allowed to accept all items due to infection control protocol. We are unable to accept any second hand items that are not wipe clean and, where possible, new items are preferred. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to donate gifts in kind.
The following items are gratefully received by our team on PICU:
- Books or DVDs to entertain patients who are well enough or siblings visiting or staying in COSMIC House.
- Art supplies for the Play Team to use to engage in therapeutic play with patients.
- Books or magazines suitable for parents staying at a child’s bedside
The following items are gratefully received by our teams on NICU:
- New or newly homemade blankets and hats for premature babies.
- Newly homemade comfort squares to help parents bond with premature babies. One square to be kept with the baby and the other with the parents and swapped regularly to transfer the scent of the parents to the baby and vice-versa. This replicates skin-to-skin contact when this isn’t possible for long periods of time.
Donations for COSMIC Events
We are always grateful to receive donations that can be used as prizes at raffles held at our special events. These raffles help us to raise vital funds to help us continue to support the children and families on our units. If you think you can donate a prize please contact us at email@example.com.