Introduction to COSMIC
COSMIC (Children of St Mary’s Intensive Care) supports the children’s intensive care unit at St Mary’s Hospital in London by helping patients and their families, and enabling our dedicated team to treat hundreds of critically ill children each year.
To support these children and families during the hardest of times, we help by purchasing vital equipment, providing parent accommodation, supporting training for medical professional and fund internationally significant research into life-threatening childhood diseases.
So far COSMIC has:
- COSMIC has purchased over £1.2million on life saving equipment
- We have spent over £1.2million ground breaking research
These incredible amounts have bought, and continue to fund, the following:
- £150,000 - An intensive care bed and basic machines
- £35,000 – A high frequency Oscillating ventilator
- £50,000 – A study into the effects of PICU admission on children and their families post discharge
- £5,500 - Ventilator upgrades, making them state of the art
- £400 – Bereavement support average per month
- £70 - £100 – 1 night in a hotel nearby for parents
- £30 – Modelling dough for foot and hand imprints used as part of our bereavement work
- 60p – Toothbrushes and toothpaste for parents staying in our hotels
Click here to find out more about how we help.
None of this work would be possible without the hard work of COSMIC’s supporters who help us to raise much needed funds. To find out more about how to get involved click here.